This is our version of the “Cheddar-Bay Biscuits” served at Red Lobster.
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Milk (we use Goat Milk)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (we use Manchego Sheep Cheese)
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup plain, Kefir (we use Goat Milk Kefir) or canned milk (Goat or Cow)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dry Parsley Flakes
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix Gluten-Free Bisquick, Parsley Flakes, 1 pinch Sea Salt, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, Goat Milk, the Kefir, 1/4 teaspoon Garlic and Cheese until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix Butter with 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 pinch Sea Salt and 1/4 teaspoon chopped Garlic.
- Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
These are really good, and even our non-gluten-free eaters love them! They are best eaten the very day they are made. Just like all gluten-free “breads,” they dry out rapidly after the first day. Store them covered tightly in refrigerator or freezer.